Snowshoeing and evenings under the stars
A varied programme visiting the most beautiful places in the central French Pyrenees, always with a smile! I will advise you on the use of your snowshoes and then we'll go and find those breathtaking views of the Pyrenean mountain chain. We'll also discover animal tracks in the snow and visit wild and secret spots off the beaten track! There are also walks under the stars at night.
Snowshoe and pole hire included within the limits of available stock. According to snow conditions and weather, the programme may be subject to modification: we'll adapt the trek accordingly and keep on smiling!
**it is possible to change the day and the time of the treks. The first to sign up can choose. If you have a small group and you wish to do a harder or more specific walk, or better adapted to your personal requirements, contact me to talk about this together.
Same thing if you are an agency. The golden rule is that the first person to confirm gets the priority of choice for a given day. Other snowshoe hikes asked for quite frequently (and not on the programme) are : the ridges of Luz, Deths Coubous, Aygues Cluses and the lakes of Madamète, the top station of the Ayré funicular, the refuge des Espuguettes, the plateau of Coumély and the Gloriettes lake, the Cirque of Troumouse, the plateau of Saugué and the Pourteillou, the col de Lary and the Montagnette, the col des Tentes and the Pic de Pahule, Oulettes de Gaube, the lakes of Cambalès and Opale (all medium level), the Soum de Lagette, Cabaliros, Soum de la Siarrouse, le Petit et Grand Estibère, the Turon de Néouvielle (all difficult hikes). Very easy hikes for big groups can also be organised, you just need to send me an email.
Snowshoeing Programme (December - April)
- MONDAY: 09h00 - 17h00 FROZEN LAKES IN THE NATIONAL PARK OF NÉOUVIELLE - wilderness adventure in a natural paradise
- THURSDAY: 10h00 - 16h00 THE LAKE OF ISABY "SCOTTISH STYLE" - postcard scenery, off the beaten track, deer tracking and a fascinating legend. And maybe a little "Scottish" surprise so that we can travel without getting on the plane!
- FRIDAY: 10h00 - 16h00 LE GRAND TOUR DU HAUTACAM - ridges, plateaux, forests, we'll explore it all. Variety which is sure to make your day!
- 09h00 - 12h30 GAVARNIE - "Grand Site" of the Pyrenees and UNESCO Heritage site, the glacial cirque of Gavarnie serves as a backdrop for our walk. History, geology, legends, cultrue...there's always something to talk about in this spectacular corner of the world on the border between France and Spain.
- 13h30 - 17h00 GAVARNIE - "Grand Site" of the Pyrenees and UNESCO Heritage site, the glacial cirque of Gavarnie serves as a backdrop for our walk. History, geology, legends, cultrue...there's always something to talk about in this spectacular corner of the world on the border between France and Spain.
- 09h00 - 12h30 PONT D'ESPAGNE - "Grand Site" of the Pyrenees with it's famous bridge. On the menu we have the Gaube lake, views of the north face of Vignemale (the highest peak in the French Pyrenees), history and legends and maybe some "isards"!
- 13h30 - 17h00 PONT D'ESPAGNE - "Grand Site" of the Pyrenees with it's famous bridge. On the menu we have the Gaube lake, views of the north face of Vignemale (the highest peak in the French Pyrenees), history and legends and maybe some "isards"!
Plus! Every evening:
- 20h30 - 23h00 EVENING UNDER THE STARS (also possible 17h30 - 20h15)
Replace your evening in front of the TV with a snowshoe walk under the stars along the ridges of the Hautacam mountain, in the International Dark-Sky Reserve. Allow yourself to be stunned by the depth of the universe, contemplate the lights of the villages far below, discover the most famous constellations, or let the full moon light your way under the Milky Way. Remember that two thirds of wild animals are nocturnal, so there's a good chance we will see something up there! For groups, it is also possible to include a high altitude three-course pyrenean gastronomic experience for just 18 euros more per person!
I am also available for other snowshoe hikes. For example: the ridges above Luz-Saint-Sauveur, the upper station of the old Ayré funicular, a summit like Soum de Lagette, etc, etc.
If you have any other suggestions then contact me and we will see what I can do.