Summer Summits Programme - summits around Argelès-Gazost
Summer Summit Programme (June to October)
- MONDAY : 08h30 - 17h00 TO THE SUMMIT OF MIDI D'ARRENS (2267m) - The triangular moutain visible as you approach the valley of Argelès from the north. Iconic peak in the Val d'Azun. Unforgettable though tough climb up with an exposed (but fun) section right at the end.
- TUESDAY : 08h30 - 17h00 TO THE SUMMIT OF PIC DU VISCOS (2141m) - The triangular mountain rising up clearly above Argelès-Gazost. Starting from either Luz-Ardiden or Cauterets, we will always end with an exposed (but fun) ridge-line.
- WEDNESDAY : 08h30 - 17h00 TO THE SUMMIT OF MONTAIGU (2339m) - Traverse through wild country to climb one of the most beautiful summits in the Pyrenean foothills. Views to the Pic du Midi de Bigorre and beyond.
- THURSDAY : 08h30 - 17h00 TO THE SUMMIT OF PIC DE BERGONS (2068m) - Between the valleys of Barèges and Luz, this mountain gives us some spectacular views out to the valley of Gavarnie and the Breach of Roland.
- FRIDAY : 08h30 - 17h00 TO THE SUMMIT OF GRAND GABIZOS (2692m) - Very tough climb right at the end of the Val d'Azun. A scramble along a long ridge before the summit to get some splendid views of the Pic du Midi d'Ossau, one of the most iconic summits in the Pyrenees.
- SATURDAY : 08h30 - 17h00 TO THE SUMMIT OF MONT DE GEZ (1097m) - Argelès-Gazost's local moutain, signs of a past ice-age, exploration of local heritage and culture, and a little surprise on our way back...
- SUNDAY : 08h30 - 17h00 TO THE SUMMIT OF SOUM DE LA SIARROUSSE (2018m) - A classic mountain often used as an introduction to life on the high summits, passing through the Hautacam's mountain meadows and heading past the beautiful Lake of Isaby.
This programme is just a suggestion. The outings will be confirmed when a minimum of 2 people are signed up. The first people to sign up have priority regarding their preferred route. Bookings can only be taken less than 3 weeks before the required date. The weather may mean that the programme has to be changed for safety reasons. Transport is organised via car-sharing - call me the day prior to the walk for details. Bring water, sun protection, suitable clothing, walking boots with ankle protection and a picnic.
You can contact me to book or to ask for more information.
You can check out the prices here.
Head back to the hiking and trekking main page to look for other ideas.