Ideas for hiking and trekking
You can find pictures of past hikes on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/garethdegazost
You can consult the summer summits programme or look for inspiration in the photos and ideas below. All of my routes and expeditions are tailored to the client.
My First 3000m Peak
July/August/September.Are you in fairly good shape? And would you like to summit your first peak over 3000m? 4 mountains to choose from:
All are possible with a long day route if you are in really good shape, or you could go for it over 2 days with a night in a mountain refuge or a tent.
Quest to find the Marmots
Go on a quest to find the marmots and other animals too, of course! I will take you to the best places to observe these cute little mammals and learn more about the secrets of the marmot lifestyle. Ideal for kids, and also for adults! Only from April to September because in winter they hibernate!
Collection: "Belvederes of the High Pyrenees"
Summits for all tastes and abilities, all with stunning views. Possible all year depending on weather and snow conditions.
Medium + (occasionally with sharp drops requiring use of hands):
"Le Tour du Mont Perdu"
- A 6-day expedition in the area of Ordesa and Mont Perdu (3355m) staying in mountain refuges (full board approx. 50 euros): almost entirely in Spain, waterfalls and gorges of Ordesa and Añisclo, the chance to summit a 3000m peak, the Cirque of Gavarnie from above, the spectacular pass of Roland and the beautiful Spanish village of Torla. It is also possible for me to organise expeditions going right round either Néouvielle, Vignemale, Balaitus the Pic du Midi de Bigorre or the Pic du Midi d'Ossau!
- Hire me to guide you along one of the many routes to Santiago de Compostela (there are routes in France, Spain, on the coast, ones with mountains, ones with beautiful villages and culture, please contact me for advice as I have walked them all many times!)
- You can also hire me for several days to explore the French Massif Central with its beautiful volcanic scenery and fascinating geology
- Expeditions to the Picos de Europa on the north coast of Spain (the land of amazing limestone spires, deep gorges and sea views)
- Expeditions to the Himalayas in Nepal (Everest Base Camp, Annapurna trek, or less-visited but equally beautiful and culturally rich trekking regions)
- Or... trips to other areas of the Cantabrian range in Spain, combining hiking with culture, language, gastronomy, etc.
Or anywhere else in the world!!!!